Miyerkules, Mayo 25, 2011

Effects of Betrayal


The most immediate effect of the betrayal of trust is in the emotional impact on the person betrayed. Generally speaking, the greater the trust that you had put in the other person and the greater the impact their betrayal has on you, then the greater the distress you will feel.
A number of different emotions may be felt upon realizing you have been betrayed. The most common is anger although, depending on the situation, you might the fear of loss of the relationship and repulsion at the lack of integrity of the other person.
When you are betrayed by someone, it is highly likely that you will not easily trust them again. Trust is fragile and can be lost instantly or there is a hysteresis whereby a long-earned trust may be eroded and then suddenly lost.
When a person feels that they have been betrayed, they may well seek some form of justice, putting right (at least for them) what they feel has been wronged, including their sensibilities.
So don't get into these situations!! If you betray someone, it is often best to come clean. Accept responsibility for personal failure and personally apologize. Demonstrate how you will fix process failure, and offer compensation.

The worst betrayal is . . . betrayal of Self . . .

To me, the worst betrayal I have ever known is my betrayal of myself. It wasn't conscious. It wasn't intentional. But it was just as devastating.

I put myself in harm’s way. Many times.
I trusted people known for being untrustworthy.
I put too much emphasis on "blood" and less on "character."
My dream for the "perfect future" clouded my present-time judgment.
I set knowledge aside in favor of folly.
I substituted someone Else's judgment for my own.
I viewed the world through "rose-colored" glasses.
I operated in the world as "I would like things to be" and not "as they are."
I extended myself far beyond my limits, emotionally, financially, spiritually.
I took things personally.
I blamed the other person(s) before taking my own inventory.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento